The NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) operates the Transition Care Network to improve systems and processes for young people with chronic health problems and disabilities to facilitate their effective transition from paediatric to adult health services.
The Network provides support and advice on transition planning for young people, their parents and health care professionals, and collaborates closely with Trapeze as service providers.
The ACI transition care coordinators:
- work closely with medical and nursing staff to make sure all young people have a transition process in place.
- help to sort out difficulties in finding or attending adult health services.
- provide information about health services.
- provide guidance to attend clinics and make sure that young people are successfully engaged in the adult health service.
- assist young people to adjust to a new adult team and service.
Contact Transition Care Network
- Phone: (02) 9464 4617
- Email Linda Hassett, Transition Care Network Manager